Friday, March 21, 2014

                         My Perspectives of Culture Similarity

Throughout my life I have seen people with different kinds of clothing. In my point of view I know who is Mexican and who is not. The reason why I say this is because I grew up in a neighborhood full of my race. I know that everybody can distinguish people what they wear and their face formation. I can tell some race for what they wear as well. As I distinguish other races I can have a thought in where they come from. I haven't realize how hard is to live their Culture. Chapter 3 Culture stood out to me a lot because this shows me the struggles that some people have.


In India I did not know that kids were working at a early age. This culture has come from a low income that children have to leave school and work. Education is another issue that they go through. I read this article that talked about students not having enough money to pay for their supplies and transportation. They leave school to start working to provide some cash to survive. Education has become a issue that keeps decreasing because not enough money is provided for the schools and it has brought education to the point that 17 million students were out of school. In the article "Second Chance' Education for Children in Bangladesh" had mention that "In 2004, nearly 1.5 million primary school-aged children were out of school in Bangladesh." Some of these children end up working.

My culture has something similar to what India has struggling with. In Mexico there aren't many  some of these people work for themselves. They either own their own land or they work for someone else. Most of the Mexicans tempt to come to the United States because they want their next generation to have a better life. I have been in that situation that I'm the reason why mother is working hard making me feel motivated to do great in my academics because I been raised that education is the key to success. I have gotten to meet people that are from India and they are really stricked with their studies.

I believe that my culture and India culture come to the United States to get something our parents never had. This is the reason why some of these type of cultures take advantage from school because we do not want to pass through the same thing that our parents a passed through. That is why we are so into our education because is the only way out. My culture has motivate me to become a better person. Since my mother has given me an opportunity to change the way it was into something better.




http://www.worldbank.org/en/news/feature/2014/01/27/second-chance-education-for-children-in-Bangladesh


http://www.poverties.org/poverty-in-mexico.html

No comments:

Post a Comment