Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Marriage in my family




Marriage in my family

Marriage is a very big part in our society, society shows that children benefit economically, physically, and emotionally from a stable two parent marriage and family. According to familyfoundation.org single parents raising kids are more likely to live in poverty.

While growing up I watched my parents have a love that was rare to me. When I was about 13 years old I watched my best friend go to her dads house on the weekends and moms on the weekdays which was somewhat confusing to me. After growing up a little more and understanding families and marriage in society I then got a better understanding for what was occurring. My friend came from a nuclear family in which she was coming from a family composed of one or two parents, because she now had a step dad in which her mother got remarried.

After looking more into her life and family values and talking to her I learned that the only reason her family married in the first place was because they had an endogamy relationship which showed me that her parents married because they had the same social categories. Learning about her family I wanted more insight on what my parents past relationships were before they married one another if there even was any because their relationship was so strong. After talking with my parents I learned my father was once remarried before my mother. Seeing that it didn’t work out between them he then met my mother.

My mother and fathers relationship played a place in family theories. My father is a patriarchy in our household, which argues that he is the king of the household and does or will replicate in me and later on eventually in my children. When I watched my parents interact I noticed that they were very similar to one another which then I learned racial and ethnic groups persists over generation because most people marry others like themselves. Overall the micro-level analysis of it all was my family shares opportunities for doing things such as activities to also help build emotional bonds, in which could have been reason it never lasted with his first wife.
Seeing the relationship my mother and father have influences me to be like them when I find a husband. My parents share a companionship that is rare and something I would one day want to teach my children. Although industrialism in society is where children are more like a liability instead of an asset, I hope for the future that society grows to how I grew up as a child. In which my parents treated me like an asset and not a liability, because it could help marriages become more stronger and not seem that it is a problem to raise their children.

Photo of my mother, father, and me:







No comments:

Post a Comment